Fire Department: Intern Program
At least 18 years old with a valid driver’s license and enrolled in either a Fire Science or
EMS educational program?
Are you interested in?
Expanding the skills needed of a career in the fire service?
- Providing medical care, for the people in Forest Grove Fire & Rescue’s response district, with some of the best medical equipment available?
- The challenges of advancing from the role of firefighter to the role of Apparatus operator?
- Expanding your leadership role?
- Working in a system that responds to over 2,500 emergencies a year?
- Being a part of the team of Career and Volunteer professionals that make up Forest Grove Fire & Rescue?
If so, join the Forest Grove Fire & Rescue Firefighter Intern Program.
Completed and passed FF 1 skills academy (PCC) or equivalent
- Pass background check
- Complete testing process
- Complete application
- Pass a standardized physical assessment (P/F)
- Pass written test on IFSTA; Essentials of Fire Fighting 5th edition
- Complete an oral interview with standardized questions
For questions or more information, contact:
Lt. Tad Buckingham OD, EMT P
Rope Rescue and Intern Coordinator