Library: Volunteer - Get Involved
Get Involved: How you can support your library.
The library is not currently accepting volunteer applications. Applications will be accepted in July for positions starting in the fall.
Do you love libraries? Want to learn new skills or become more invovled in the community? If so, consider joining our volunteer team! Our volunteers are an integral part of our library and help out in various ways.
If you are at least 13 years old and are interested in volunteering, please complete the online application or download the Volunteer Application pdf and return it to the library. You may be asked to come in for an interview.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- sorting and checking in requested items
- Searching for requested ("hold") items on the shelf
- Shelf-reading (making sure library items are in order)
- Data entry
- Special event or program assistance
Fast facts About Volunteering for the Forest Grove City Library:
- Volunteers should be at least 13 years old.
- Most volunteer opportunities require a 3-month commitment.
- Most volunteer opportunities are on a regular, weekly schedule.
- Our volunteer program is not currently set up to accept court-ordered community service.
- Training is provided.
- It's fun!
- Volunteers find books to read they probably wouldn't find otherwise.
- Volunteers contribute in a meaningful way to the community.
- Volunteers learn new things.
- Volunteers meet new people.
Questions about volunteering? Please contact the library at (503) 992-3247. Thanks for your interest.