Light & Power

Forest Grove Light & Power                             
1818 “B” Street                                                                  
PO Box 326
Forest Grove, Oregon 97116

Office Hours:Mon. through Fri., 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Closed on weekends and holidays

Light & Power Director: George Cress 
Phone: 503.992.3250
Fax: 503.992.3149

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

L&P-truck.jpgThe Light & Power Department is a full service electric utility providing reliable electric service to customers in Forest Grove and surrounding areas.

Forest Grove Light & Power was founded in 1895 and is the third oldest municipal electric utility in the State of Oregon. Power was first generated locally by means of a small hydroelectric plant and later by steam and diesel generators. Since 1939, Forest Grove has purchased the majority of its power from Bonneville Power Administration (BPA).

Today, about 90 percent of Forest Grove’s power is purchased from BPA. The remaining 10 percent comes from two Grant County, Washington, hydroelectric projects.

Related Links:

Banner Information
Call Before You Dig information
Commercial & Industrial Energy Conservation Programs
Customer Assistance Program for Energy (CAPE) 
Contact Information
Electric System Master Plan
Electric Vehicle Charging Stations 
New Construction & Service Upgrades
Outdoor Area & Security Lighting
Power Outage
Pure Power Renewable Energy
Residential Conservation Programs
Safety Information
Service Rates
Surge Protection and Power Quality
TreeLine USA Award 
Utility Account Information 
Transmission & Distribution World: Articles written by City Consultant, Gary Wright
     The Secret to Limiting Substation Catastrophes
     Don't Let Aging Insulations Inflict Substations Outages    
     Substation Batteries Play a Role in Reliability