City Hall
City Hall
image description image description


Passport Acceptance Facility
City Hall
1924 Council Street
Forest Grove, OR 97116

Phone: 503.992.3221
Fax: 503.992.3199


Office Hours:

Passport processing hours are drop in (no appointments accepted): 

     Mondays, 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. 

     Tuesdays, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. 

     Thursdays, 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.                                                          


Applying for a U.S. PassportYou must apply in person if:

  1. You are applying for a U.S. passport for the first time.
  2. Your previous U.S. passport was lost, stolen, or damaged.
  3. Your previous U.S. passport has expired and was issued more than 15 years ago.
  4. Your previous passport has expired and it was issued when you were under 16.
  5. Your name has changed since your passport was issued and you do not have a legal document formally changing your name.


To Apply in Person for a U.S. Passport, You MUST:1. Provide Application for Passport, Form DS-11

  • To download an application form, go to the Department of State website at or forms can be obtained from any passport agency or acceptance facility, such as the City of Forest Grove, Washington County or Yamhill County.

NOTE: Please do NOT sign the DS-11 application form until the Passport Acceptance Agent instructs you to do so.

2. Present Proof of U.S. Citizenship
All documentation submitted as evidence of U.S. Citizenship will be returned with the issued passport. You may prove U.S. Citizenship with any one of the following:

  • Previous U.S. Passport (mutilated, altered, or damaged passports are not acceptable as evidence of U.S. citizenship.)
  • Certified birth certificate (notarized copy not acceptable) issued by the city, county or state in which you were born.

NOTE: A certified birth certificate has a registrar's raised, embossed, impressed or multicolored seal, registrar’s signature, and the date the certificate was filed with the registrar's office, which must be within 1 year of your birth. Please note that some short (abstract) versions of birth certificates may not be acceptable for passport purposes, such as those from California and Texas.

  • Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth (need link).
  • Naturalization Certificate.
  • Certificate of Citizenship.

A Delayed Birth Certificate filed more than one year after your birth may be acceptable if it:

  • Listed the documentation used to create it and
  • Signed by the attending physician or midwife, or, lists an affidavit signed by the parents, or shows early public records.

If you do NOT have a previous U.S. passport or a certified birth certificate, or a Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certificate of Birth on file, please ask a Passport Acceptance Agent what you will need, or go to for more information.

Voter registration cards and Army discharge papers are NOT proof of citizenship.

3. Present Proof of IdentityYou may prove your identity with any one of these, if you are recognizable:

  • Previous U.S. passport (mutilated, altered, or damaged passports are not acceptable as proof of identity.)
  • Naturalization Certificate
  • Current, valid:
  • Driver's license
  • Government ID: city, state or federal
  • Military ID: military and dependents

NOTE: Your Social Security Card does NOT prove your identity.

If none of these are available, you will need:

1. Some signature documents, not acceptable alone as ID
(examples: a combination of documents, such as your Social Security card, school ID, employer ID, credit card, bank card, library card, etc.)


2. A person who can vouch for you. He/she must:

  • Have known you for at least 2 years,
  • Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident,
  • Have valid ID, and
  • Fill out a Form DS-71 in the presence of a passport agent.

4. Provide One Passport Photo Your photographs must be:

  • 2x2 inches in size
  • Taken within the past 6 months, showing current appearance
  • Color
  • Full face, front view with a plain white or off-white background
  • Between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head
  • Taken in normal street attire
  • Uniforms should not be worn in photographs except religious attire that is worn daily.
  • Do not wear a hat or headgear that obscures the hair or hairline.
  • If you normally wear prescription glasses, a hearing device, wig or similar articles, they should be worn for your picture.
  • Dark glasses or nonprescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless you need them for medical reasons. A medical certificate may be required.

5. Pay the Applicable FeeFEES ARE NON REFUNDABLE

Two separate payments must be made for each passport application, as indicated below.

Payment 1, in the form of a check or money order only:

Age 16 and older:

Passport Book Application Fee $110.00 Payable to:
U.S. Department of State
Passport Card Application Fee $30.00  Payable to:
U.S. Department of State
Passport Card & Book Fee  $140.00   Payable to:
U.S. Department of State


Under Age 16:

Passport Application Fee $80.00  Payable to:
U.S. Department of State
Passport Card Application Fee  $15.00  Payable to:
U.S. Department of State
 Passport Card & Book Fee  $95.00 Payable to:
U.S. Department of State


Payment 2, in the form of cash, a check or money order only:

Execution Fee              $25.00 Payable to:
City of Forest Grove


When you provide a check as a payment, you authorize the City either to use information from your check to make a one-time electronic fund transfer from your account or to process the payment as a check transaction.

6. Minors

    Under Age 16

  • Minor must appear in person,
  • Parents must present their id,
  • Requires both legal parents' or legal guardians' consent (link to website).


Renewing a U.S. PassportIf you can answer YES to all of the following statements, you will process your own renewal using form DS-82.  Follow the instructions on the form and mail in your information.

  1. I can submit my most recent US passport book and/or card with this application.
  2. I was at least 16 years old when my most recent US passport book and/or card was issued.
  3. My most recent US passport book and/or card that I am renewing has not been lost, stolen, mutilated, or damaged.
  4. My US passport has not been limited from the normal ten (10) year validity period due to passport damage/mutilation, multiple passport thefts/losses, or non-compliance with 22 C.F.R. 51.41.
  5. I use the same name as on my recent US passport book and/or card. -OR- I have had my name changed by marriage or court order and can submit proper documentation to reflect my name change.

If you cannot answer YES to all of the above statements, you will need to complete form DS-11 and apply in person.


Processing Times

Routine processing of Passport Applications generally takes six weeks.  Go to the US Department of State's website ( for current processing times.

To expedite your passport application, an additional fee of $60.00 is required, payable to the U.S. Department of State. The expedited service takes approximately four weeks.

If you need your passport in as little as three weeks, in addition to the expedited service fee of $60.00, you will need to include the postage one way for Express (overnight) Mail with your payment to the US Department of State.  You will also need to provide, from the Post Office, an Express (overnight) Mail envelope, including label and postage to expedite mailing from the City to the Passport Facility.  The acceptance agent will complete the label prior to mailing your application. 

Forest Grove has a noon cut-off time for processing expedited applications with overnight delivery.

If your travel plans necessitate a quicker turnaround time, you must make an appointment and apply in person at the Seattle Passport Office and show proof of travel.  Please contact the National Passport Information Center at 1.877.487.2778 for more information.