SAT, AUGUST 23, 2014
City Hall
City Hall
image description image description

Police Department: FAQs

Q:How do I contact the Police Department (business/emergency)?

A:Emergency: 911
Non Emergency Dispatch: 503-629-0111
Records/Business Office:503-992-3260

Q:Where is the department located?

A:The Forest Grove Police Department is located on the corner of Pacific Avenue and Ash Street; Right next door to the City Library and across from Pacific University.

Physical address:
2102 Pacific Avenue
Forest Grove, OR 97116
Mailing address:
PO Box 326
Forest Grove, OR 97116

Q:How late is the Records department open?

A:The Forest Grove Police Record's division is open Monday - Friday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.  The Record's division is closed on Saturday, Sunday, and all legal holidays. 

Q:How do I obtain a copy of a police report? 

A:The Records staff provides copies of reports as required in accordance with the Oregon Public Records Laws. Copies of reports may be requested by submitting a written request, or by coming into the Police Station. A report copy fee will be charged.  Report requests may take up to 48 business hours to process. Request for Public Records.pdf.

Traffic Crash Reports may be obtained online by visiting  Please note that only reports releasable in accordance with Oregon Public Records Laws are available through Docview. For additional information or instructions please call Records at (503) 992-3260.

Q:Sex Offender Registration

A:The Records Division offers registration services from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday.  For additional information please call (503) 992-3260.

Q:How do I obtain a Street Closure permit?

A:Complete the City of Forest Grove Temporary Street Closure Permit Application at least 14 days prior to the request and submit to Police Department. There is a permit fee of $16.65 for each permit. A permit is required for local and residential City street closures. Request for major street closures will be directed to the City Manager for final review and approval. Please indicate if barricades will be required. Applicants of a Temporary Street Closure are expected to notify all residents and businesses impacted by the closure in advance of the request. Temporary Street Closure Permit

Q:How do I obtain a Parade Permit?

A:Complete the City of Forest Grove Event Permit Application at least 14 days prior to the event and submit it to the Police Department.  There is no permit fee for parades and/or processions-related events; however, if municipal services, such as police and fire personnel are requested, costs incurred by the City may be assessed.  A permit is required for parades and/or processions of 25 or more persons, including animals and vehicles.  Event Permit

Q:What do I need to do to get my car out of impound?

A:The Records Unit provides vehicle releases for vehicles that have been impounded. All vehicle releases require vehicle proof of ownership (registration in owners name) signed over titles will not be accepted, proof of insurance, picture ID, and valid driver’s license. A fee will be charged for a vehicle release.

Q:Where do I pay a citation?

A:Please refer to the bottom of your citation. Confirm which box is marked.

Forest Grove Municipal Court
1924 Council Street
Forest Grove, OR 97116
Washington County Circuit Court
145 NE Second Ave.
Hillsboro, OR 97124


Online Police Reporting Frequently Asked Questions

Q:What do I do if online incident reporting is not right for me?

A:If your incident is an emergency, call 911. If non-emergency call Non Emergency Dispatch: 503-629-0111. Records/Business Office: 503-992-3260.

Q:What if this happened in another city can I file a report using this online police citizen reporting system?

A: No, If a crime took place outside of the City of Forest Grove Police Department please call the police department for that city.

Q:What is a known suspect?

A: A known suspect is when you or someone else knows the person or where to find the person who committed the crime or the license plate number of the vehicle the suspect(s) were in.