Police Department: Reserve Program
The Forest Grove Police Department is currently accepting applications for Police Reserve Officers.
The program will strive to achieve the following:
- Be a group of volunteers dedicated, committed, and trained to serve their community in a policing capacity.
- An opportunity for reserve officers to consider a fulltime career in policing.
- An opportunity for reserve officers to maximize their civilian skill sets in a policing environment.
- An opportunity for community members to serve as reserve officers while retaining their regular employment.
Members of the Police Reserve Program may participate in the following department activities:
- Patrol Support
- Investigative Support
- Transportation of Prisoners
- Local Community Events
- Traffic Control Assistance
- Public Relations
- Community Service
- Departmental in-service training
- Specialized training/assistance
Qualifications to become a Forest Grove Police Reserve Officer:
- 21 years old.
- A United States Citizen.
- High School Graduate or G.E.D. Equivalent.
- A licensed driver with a clean driving record.
- Passing scores on ORPAT, written test, oral board.
- Successfully pass background investigation.
- Successfully pass the Reserve Academy.
- Able to contribute at least 20 hours per month, participate in required reserve officer events and training.
- Not have been convicted of an exclusionary offense as established by the Oregon Department of Public Safety Standards and Training.
Last updated April 2, 2015.