Welcome Message from Chief Schutz
Thank you for taking the time to visit our website. I am proud to lead your police department as we strive to meet our community’s public safety needs. Our department is guided by the inputs of our citizens, the Forest Grove Vision Statement, and the goals of the Forest Grove City Council. We are constantly reminded of the unique service we provide to this community and the opportunities we have to make Forest Grove a place where families and businesses thrive.
The core values of the Forest Grove Police Department are: Service, Integrity, and Professionalism. We strive to embody these values in the work of our staff. These values represent a compass by which we can gauge our effectiveness delivering service to our clients – the public.
In addition to providing traditional law enforcement services, the Forest Grove Police Department attempts to pro-actively identify public safety issues in collaboration with community members. We have an active Neighborhood Watch program and work with community service organizations on events such as the annual Concours d’Elegance, Forest Grove Corn Roast, and many others.
We are committed to continual improvement and understand that improvement cannot take place without feedback and strong partnerships with our community. In that effort we welcome your comments as we seek new and innovative ways to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of our organization. I look forward to hearing from you.
The mission of the Forest Grove Police Department is to consistently strive towards making Forest Grove a safe place to live, work, play and visit, and to contribute to the economic prosperity of our community through professional and responsive high-quality law enforcement services to our citizens and visitors.
To be the best law enforcement agency in Washington County in terms of professional reputation.
- Professional representation on regional investigative teams
- Professional working relationships with other law enforcement agencies
- Positive working relationships with our stakeholders
To be a career destination for law enforcement professionals - sworn and civilian.
- Be a learning organization promoting professional development
- Targeting recruitments consistent with department mission and values
To be an allied partner agency with regional stakeholders, promoting the interests of Forest Grove in furtherance of city goals.
- Policy development and review in concert with city goals
- Coordinated training with other law enforcement agencies
For Forest Grove Police Department employees to be proud of their affiliation with the department, city, and community.
- Promoting esprit de corps through employee involvement
- Maintaining accountability and responsibility
- Rewarding behavior consistent with departmental mission and goals
To be fully capble of meeting all reasonable investigative, crime prevention, patrol, and traffic needs of the citizenry as growth impacts the community.
- Forecasted budgeting reflecting the needs of the community
- Stewardship and accountability of all entrusted public funds
Service - Integrity - Professionalism