Project Bids and Construction Status
INVITATION TO BID
Construction of the Clear Creek Crossing
Sealed bids for the construction of the Clear Creek Crossing Project will be received at the office of the City Recorder, City of Forest Grove, 1924 Council Street, PO Box 326, Forest Grove, OR 97116, until the bid closing time of 10:00AM local time on the 11thday of December 2013. Bids will then be publicly opened and read at 2:00PM local time on the 11th day of December 2013.
The work consists approximately of:
- Drilling and installation of micro piles and two reinforced concrete bridge supports
- Furnishing and installation of a 70-foot long, 4-foot wide prefabricated steel or aluminum pipe bridge, designed by bridge manufacturer, in accordance with the design documents.
- Cutting of existing 16-inch CCP (concrete cylinder pipe) transmission main in two locations, west and east of the existing road bridge, furnishing, installation, and connecting of the approximately 150-foot long, fully restrained, buried and exposed, 16-inch Class 250 Ductile iron pipes to the existing 16-inch CCP raw water main.
- Installation of an isolation 16-inch butterfly valve, combined air release/vacuum relief valve, blow off valve assembly with associated manhole structure, thrust collars, cathodic protection, thermal insulation, and pre-insulated pipe bridge supports.
- All other associated work necessary to complete the project including shoring, dewatering, backfilling, compaction, testing, erosion and traffic control, surface restoration and all other work as shown on the drawings or described in the project documents.
The engineer’s estimate for this project is between $200,000 and $ 275,000.
Plans and specifications may be examined at the office of the Engineering Department, City of Forest Grove, and 1928 Council Street, PO Box 326, Forest Grove, OR 97116. A copy of said documents may be obtained at the above location/address upon payment of a $58.50 non-refundable fee. Cash or check only accepted. Note: City offices are closed on November 28 & 29.
A MANDATORY PRE-BID MEETING for this project will be held in the Forest Room at Forest Grove City Hall located at 1924 Council Street on December 3, 2013, at 10:00AM to provide prospective bidders with the opportunity to ask questions related to bidding or building the work under this contract. If deemed appropriate by the Engineer, questions that cannot be addressed by direct reference to the bidding documents will be the subject of an addendum issued to all plan holders. A “Certificate of Mandatory Pre-Bid Meeting Attendance” (signed list of all bidders who attended mandatory pre-bid meeting) will be posted on City of Forest Grove website under Engineering Department Construction Projects. www.forestgrove-or.gov
A BIDDER’S FAILURE TO ATTEND THE MANDATORY PRE-BID MEETING SHALL CAUSE A BID SUBMITTED BY THAT BIDDER TO BE DEEMED NON-RESPONSIVE.
Each proposal must be submitted on the prescribed form and accompanied by a certified check or bid bond payable to the City of Forest Grove, in an amount not less than five percent (5%) of the amount bid. No bids will be received or considered unless the proposal is properly completed and signed.
Each successful bidder will be required to furnish a Performance and Payment Bond for faithful performance of the Contract in the full amount of the Contract price. Attention is called to “Prevailing Wage Rates for Public Works Contracts in Oregon”, effective July 1, 2013 and any subsequent addenda.
Attention is called to the following:
1. Contractor, its subcontractors, if any and all employers working under the Contract are subject employers under the Oregon Workers' Compensation Law and shall comply with ORS 656.017, which requires them to provide workers' compensation coverage for all their subject workers.
2. Contractor and all subcontractors must be registered with the Oregon Construction Contractors Board (in compliance with ORS 701.055) and/or the Landscape Contractors Board (in compliance with ORS 671) prior to bid opening.
Construction Contractors Board
Landscape Contractors Board
700 Summer Street, NE, Suite #300
Salem, OR 97310-0151
Award shall be made only to responsible contractors that possess the potential ability to perform successfully under the terms and conditions of the contract. Consideration shall be given to contractor integrity, compliance with public policy, record of past performance, and financial and technical resources.
The City of Forest Grove reserves the right in its sole discretion to reject any and all proposals or to accept any proposal which appears to serve the best interest of the City.
For additional information regarding this project, contact the Forest Grove Engineering Department at 503.992.3228.
Published: The Daily Journal of Commerce: November 22, 2013
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (RFP)
None at this time.
Engineering Department Project Updates:
Safe Routes To School Grant - Harvey Clarke - B Street Sidewalks
City staff is currently working with Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) staff to complete a project prospectus and environmental worksheet. After completion of the prospectus, the City and ODOT will enter into an agreement for project funding and retain a design consultant. A notice was recently sent to effected property owners in the area explaining the process and aspects of the project. Notice will be sent regarding neighborhood/public meetings in the near future. Construction is anticipated to start in 6-8 months. If you have questions, please call Nick Kelsay in the Engineering Office, at 503.992.3228.
Sidewalk Improvement Program (SIP)
If you are interested in participating in the next phase of the SIP, please contact the Engineering Office at 503.992.3228. We are currently contacting property owners and plan to start construction in the Fall. Below are before and after photos of a sidewalk repair.
Updated November 20, 2013