Forest Grove residents play an essential role in maintaining the vibrancy of the city. The efforts of volunteers can be seen in every aspect of community life–the arts, education and city government. The City of Forest Grove welcomes all those who are willing to give their time and talents.
Volunteer for an City Council Advisory Board or Commission
If you would like to volunteer for a Board or Commission, please click here for a listing of volunteer opportunities. Openings on boards and commissions occur at various times of the year. In order to be considered for appointment to a Board or Commission, please submit an application to City Hall, 1924 Council Street, PO Box 326, Forest Grove, OR, 97116. Student Advisory Application
Boards & Commission Volunteer Contact: Anna Ruggles
Volunteer at the Library
Do you love libraries? Want to learn new skills or contribute existing skills to our library? If so, consider joining our volunteer team! Volunteer opportunities include helping to shelve library materials, mend books, organize a collection of local historical materials, and more. Click here if you are interested in joining our team.
Library Volunteer Contact: Kari Middleton
Are you interested in becoming a volunteer with Forest Grove Fire & Rescue? Click here for more information and an application.
Volunteer at Parks
Looking for a fun and active group volunteer activity? You can help keep Forest Grove parks and green spaces clean, safe, and healthy by volunteering for the City of Forest Grove Parks & Recreation Department. Click here for more information.
Police Reserve Program
The Forest Grove Police Department is pleased to announce the development of a Police Reserve Program. Reserve programs create opportunities for community members to serve as reserve officers while retaining their regular employment. Communities benefit from reserve programs because the volunteers serve in a policing capacity and provide support to Patrol, Investigations, Public Relations, Community Service, and much more. For additional information regarding the Forest Grove Police Department Reserve Program, including qualifications and application process, please click here.
Forest Grove Senior & Community Center
The FGS&CC has many volunteer opportunities:
- Loaves & Fishes can use help with Meals on Wheels deliveries to seniors. Call Judy @ 503.359.4818.
- Ride Connection links older adults and people with disabilities with transportation and volunteer drivers are needed in the Forest Grove area. If you have a license to drive and a little spare time, you could change a neighbor's life. Call Ride Connection at 503.793.6571.
- First Friday Dinners need help each month with setup, serving, and take down. Call Michelle @ 503.357.2021.
- BINGO needs callers and verifiers each Tuesday Bingo Night. Call Barbara @ 503.357.2021.
Foster Grandparent Program: Volunteers needed to mentor and tutor youth.
Adelante Mujeres counts on the dedication and support of volunteers to ensure that our programs run smoothly, and that our organization continues evolving and responding to the needs of the community. Thanks to the diversity of our program activities, we offer a wide range of volunteer opportunities to:
- Spanish speakers and non-Spanish speakers alike
- Students and professionals
- Individuals and groups – offices, teams, church groups, families, etc. are all encouraged to contact us about opportunities to be involved
We welcome volunteers to work with us on an ongoing basis, or to attend a one-time volunteer event or activity.