As part of an ongoing initiative to promote small and new businesses, the City of Forest Grove announced today that it is partneri... more
City Council Seeking to Fill Citizen Advisory Vacancies for 2013
The Forest Grove City Council relies heavily on citizen volunteers to study special community issues, provide direction, obtain public comment on key projects, and take action or offer recommendation on a number of matters. There are presently ten City advisory boards, committees, and decision-making commissions. Each is unique in its size, meeting schedule, and specific function; however, the overall mission is the same: To make Forest Grove “A Place Where Businesses and Families Thrive”.
Citizens who serve on City advisory boards, committees, and commissions (B&C) perform a community service by using their skills, interests, and initiatives to make a difference. The following B&C currently have vacancies:
- Budget Committee (must be City elector);
- Committee for Citizen Involvement (may reside outside City limits);
- Community Forestry Commission (must reside in City limits);
- Library Commission (may reside outside City limits);
- Parks and Recreation Commission (must reside in NE area = Bard/Stites Park District); and
- Planning Commission (may reside outside City Limits).
Application forms may be obtained at the City Recorder's Office, located at City Hall, 1924 Council Street, 2nd Floor, 9 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday, or may be viewed and printed from the application link on the City's website athttp://www.forestgrove-or.gov/city-hall/citizen-boards-committees-a-commissions.html. Additional information about each B&C is also available on the City's website.