Light & Power

The Light and Power Department is a full-service electric utility providing reliable electric service to customers in Forest Grove and surrounding areas.

Forest Grove Light and Power was founded in 1895 and is the third oldest municipal electric utility in the State of Oregon. Power was first generated locally by means of a small hydroelectric plant and later by steam and diesel generators. Since 1939, Forest Grove has purchased the majority of its power from Bonneville Power Administration (BPA).

Today, about 90% of Forest Grove’s power is purchased from BPA. The remaining 10% comes from two Grant County, Washington, hydroelectric projects.

Mission

The Light & Power Department will create a safe and supportive workplace for its employees, continue to provide high-quality electric utility service at a reasonable cost for the customers in the City of Forest Grove and in the unincorporated service area, and provide a valuable return to the Utility's owner, the City of Forest Grove. We will conduct all activities as responsible stewards of the resources at our disposal.

Planning a new subdivision or looking to upgrade the size of an existing service?

Our engineering personnel will work with you to design the installation necessary to accommodate the new service based on our published Electric Service Requirements and Guidelines manual. Please submit plans of the project to assist with the design process.

Note: We are currently undergoing staff changes and ask that for any new projects, contact the Light & Power personnel on our main line at 503-992-3250

Related Documents

New Construction & Service Upgrades